Banyan is a Licensed PPEC for Special Needs Children from Birth to 21 Years of Age.
A PPEC (Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care) is a nurse-staffed pediatric day care center for medically complex children age birth to 21 years. Our staff includes Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and Caregivers, who care for the children’s medical conditions throughout the day in classroom, dining, play, and clinical settings.
This allows our team to closely monitor and identify any changes in medical condition and facilitate early intervention to avoid complications.
Banyan Services Include…
Services are prescribed by a physician and may include:
• Daily skilled nursing assessments and interventions
• Comprehensive case management with interdisciplinary care
• A developmentally appropriate, nurturing environment to grow and learn
• On-site therapies including physical, occupational, speech, and behavioral
• Support with all activities of daily living
• Family support services and community referrals
• Parent and family support and education
• Ongoing communication and coordination with primary care providers and specialists
Who We Care For…
Children with a variety of complex medical needs that include, but are not limited to:
• Complications of Prematurity • Genetic/Syndromes • Chromosomal Anomalies
• Neurological Disorders • Cardiac Disease • GI Disorders • Cerebral Palsy
• Neurological/Neuromuscular Disorder • Traumatic Brain Injuries • Abuse
• Medication Administration • NG/GT/JT Feedings • Feeding Disorders • Diabetes • IV Infusions
• Wound and Ostomy Care • Pulmonary Disease • Oxygen, Trach and Vent Dependent
Banyan is a Place for Learning…and Fun!
Our interactive programs focus on the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language development. Banyan staff members implement and support educational programming to promote early childhood education and guide staff to provide quality infant/toddler, early childhood, and school age programs.
Each room follows a schedule based on age and developmental level. Our schedules incorporate a balance of themed and lesson activities, outside or gross motor time, small and large group times, and creative projects daily while at the center. Children are also provided with a nap, rest, or quiet activity time mid-day as developmentally appropriate.
Banyan Helps Children Get Physical and
Form Lasting Friendships!
A key benefit for children attending Banyan centers is the opportunity to interact with peers, make friends and have fun! Banyan kids participate in group activities and play together throughout the day and develop social skills in a bright, friendly and safe environment.
Therapy can be necessary for proper development. Banyan is proud to partner with Lampert's Therapy Group to provide occupational, physical, speech-language, and feeding therapy to our centers. This affiliation is not only convenient for families whose child may require specialized care, it also results in superior outcomes due to frequent and consistent sessions during the child's plan of care period.
Proper nutrition is a vital part of the health and well being of our kids. Banyan follows all government recommendations with the most up-to-date best practices for nutrition and training. Our team utilizes comprehensive plans that offer a variety of well-balanced meals proportioned according to our children's needs. Banyan centers have three meal service times: breakfast, lunch, and snack. No outside food is permitted during meal service (with the exception of baby food), and any altered meals must have prior approval.
In some cases, a child’s doctor or the parent will prescribe an individualized menu for a child with a specific allergy and nutritional needs.
Banyan Participates in the USDA Child
and Adult Care Food Program
Catch a Ride on the Banyan Bus!
Transportation provided to and from the center daily.
Driver accompanied by an RN/LPN on the vehicle.
Emergency equipment on vehicle.
Emergency training procedures for all personnel.
Driver CPR and First Aid Certified.
Safe Driver Training & Education.
AAP approved car seat/appropriate installation.